Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Child's Point of View

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Children have a different point of view than adults.  I'm not talking imaginary friends, and recreating Transformer battles; although they did play those type of games occasionally.  Children see things like it really is; happy or sad, mean or nice, fun or boring, bossy or helpful; I think you have a better idea of what I am talking about now.  My children are straight forward thinkers, not someone who has a dream world view or fairytale happy endings, and they don't think doom and gloom either, just straight forward facts.  I like that best.  It keeps things real, you know in perspective.  Could it be I am more straight forward myself, possibly; as of late, I am just a tangled mess of worry.

Worry is bad, focusing on the whole picture is better, set reasonable goals, communicate clearly, work as a team, have respect, honor and integrity.  If I worry all the time it effects my children, the way they look at things and the way they handle problems.  The stuff rolls down hill kind of scenario.  I like keeping some things simple; are we nice or mean, are we helpful or bossy.  So, let's do a self check, I will check my self each day and focus on a goal for the day.  I'm sure many a parent has said check the attitude at the door; well I bet many a child is thinking the same of many parents.  Self check, and see where you are emotionally.  It won't hurt anything, and it may make a big difference it what ever we are facing.

More to come,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment